Best Batch Feed Garbage Disposal
[wptb id="552" not found ]
A Batch Feed garbage disposal is a type of garbage disposal that “batch” grinds waste – which means it doesn’t operate until the user initiates it by pressing the Foot pedal, which then activates the motor that rotates the blades. This represents how this type of garbage disposal operates.
Also called “Built-In Garbage Disposers” these units can be installed in a pass-through, under the sink or even in a countertop.
How Does A Batch Feed Garbage Disposal Works?
When you press and release the foot pedal, a latch engages and lifts the garbage disposal cover. Now you can put food waste into the unit’s grinding chamber. When you’re ready to start grinding, press down on the foot pedal again, which activates the motor that rotates the garbage disposal blades. Once running, depressing (or pressing) the foot pedal is no longer necessary.
Benefits Of A Batch Feed Garbage Disposal
- Saves Energy – you won’t have to continuously run the disposal and therefore it will save on energy consumption. When you’re done using your disposal for a while, like during the day at work or overnight, you can simply turn it off using the switch.
- Prevents Odor – Batch feed garbage disposals require a continuous flow of water to flush them and get rid of the food waste. In most cases, this is done by flushing it down the drain. The flushing effect will prevent your garbage disposal from filling up with rotting food that can produce bad odors.
- Prevents Insects – insects are drawn to the decomposing garbage in your disposal which can lead to a bug infestation.
- No Need To Worry About Safety – what is it with the germs that exist on some of the garbage disposal surfaces? The fact that you don’t have to touch anything but the foot pedal once you start disposing of is a huge plus.
- Saves Space – under-the-sink garbage disposals can be installed in an existing space. There will be no need to replace your entire unit because there’s limited space underneath the sink for a bigger one. However, if there’s enough room for a regular-sized unit, a batch feed garbage disposal doesn’t take up too much space.
- Can Be Used To Grind A Wide Variety Of Food Waste – you can put almost anything that’s leftover into your disposal units including meats and bones, ice cubes (most units are designed to handle them), fruit pits and tough food waste like corn husks.
Our Top 5 of the Best Batch Feed Garbage Disposals
Waste King Legend Series 8000TC 1 HP
The Waste King Legend Series 8000TC 1 HP is a compact and lightweight garbage disposer that makes quick work of food waste. The V grind technology provides optimal disposal performance, and the batch feed dispenser eliminates jams for easy use. This handy kitchen appliance requires no electrical expertise! Pre-installed power cord means installation is as simple as plugging in your appliance and sitting back to enjoy all your meals with confidence because we’ve got these wastes covered. With an easy 10 year warranty, you can’t go wrong with this dependable and durable garbage disposing system!
When it comes to disposers, KitchenAid has your whole house covered. The kitchen’s workhorse unplugs easily for maintenance and fits under all sinks -as well as most counters- with the optional sound insulation. And every KitchenAid disposer features a motor that rotates at 1725 RPM for effective grinding plus overload protection with manual reset plus Batch Feed function to manage large quantities of food waste plus multi grind Plus™ technology for three-stage grinding PLUS SoundSeal™ Plus Technology to deliver ultra-quiet performance. And because this disposal is so easy to install, you will be equipped for all future needs in your kitchen.
Moen GXB75C Batch Feed 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal
The Chef GX100C is made for the discriminating cook who wants to get in and out of the kitchen with quick, easy cleanup. Moen’s in-house engineers designed this unit with a streamlined design and our most powerful motor, so it can clean even the toughest food scraps like raw and cooked meat, corncobs, chicken bones and large fruit pits. The Chef GX100C also features integrated motion-activated lighting which makes installation quick and easy on existing 3-bolt assemblies–making it one of the easiest units to install that you’ll find anywhere. And it comes backed by an industry-best 10-year limited warranty with live service at your home.
Waste King L-5000TC Batch Feed Garbage Disposal
The Waste King L-5000TC Batch Feed Garbage Disposal is sleek, durable and powerful. Its hassle-free EZ Mount installation will save listeners both time and money on the install, while the pre-installed power cord makes for a quick working process. The batch feed dissection hooked up to an included drain stopper ensures thorough grinding of food waste with minimal jams. This product also includes 10 years of warranty protection, ensuring your satisfaction with this purchase.
Frigidaire FF75DISPB1 3/4-HP Batch Feed Garbage Disposal
The Frigidaire FF75DISPB1 ¾-HP Batch Feed Food Waste Disposer is made of high quality stainless steel and has an industry standard 10-Year Product and Corrosion Lifetime Warranty, so you don’t have to worry about replacement. With a powerful 3/4 horse power motor and Torque Master Grinding System, this disposer efficiently processes even the toughest food waste such as animal bones, apple cores and peels more than 14 times faster than traditional types of food disposal. The batch feed system process food waste in batches with no need for constant stopper use which means less noise and better results for homeowners everywhere!
Garbage disposal is one of the best things that you can install under your sink because it keeps food waste down to a minimum. The batch feed design allows homeowners to grind almost anything (except bones and fruit pits) without worrying about jamming or slowdowns.
If you’re trying to figure out what type of garbage disposal unit you need, consider the space that you have under your sink, the amount of food waste that you generate and how much horsepower it needs to handle so you’ll get a unit that works best for you.